Online (for participants from outside UAE) and Onsite (at the Skyline University Campus for participants within UAE)
The INNOVATORS & ENTREPRENEURS PITCH is part of EUMMAS A2S Conference on Global Social and Technological Development and Sustainability, Dubai 2023 encourages innovators to contribute to the success of our societies and helps organizations stay competitive, especially when resolving critical problems.
The participating team should work around areas of product, process, service and social innovation pertaining to sustainability. The team will pitch the developed idea in the form of a business plan to the investors.
Purpose of Innovators & Entrepreneurs Pitch Competition
- To provide an opportunity to young and budding innovators and entrepreneurs from various schools, universities and institutions to share their innovative ideas, to be incubated as possible businesses
- To identify the best ideas with a strong, sustainable and feasible business plan with Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
This Pitch competition will be hosted in two categories:
Category 1: Schools – All entries from schools will compete in this category. As a team, you need to complete the Business Model Canvas and make a presentation. You have the option of displaying a working / non-working model or prototype of your business idea on the day of your presentation.
Category 2: Universities, research organizations, government organizations, and scientific institutions – All entries from students of any of the mentioned organizations will compete in this category. As a team, you need to complete the Business Model Canvas, make a presentation and display a working / non-working model or prototype of your business idea.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Category 1: Current students of schools from Grades 11 and 12 are eligible to participate in this competition.
- Category 2: Students of universities and young employees of research organizations, government organizations, and scientific institutions involved in applied research and innovation who graduated after August, 2020 are eligible to participate in this competition.
Innovation Categories leading to entrepreneurship
- Product Innovation / Process Innovation / Service Innovation / Social Innovation
Free of charge
Register here on or before 31 January 2023
Click the downloadable form below, fill and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Both Categories
- A maximum of 2 teams from the same school / institute / university.
- Maximum team size should be not more than two to three. A single student can also participate.
- Student(s) should produce a valid identity from the current institute / university at the time of presentation. Graduated students can produce the certificate of completion of program (Not earlier than August, 2020).
- The event will be conducted through Hybrid mode, both online and at Skyline University College, Sharja.
- Each team should register and complete the Business Model Canvas with all the supporting documents / data to the panel of judges before the commencement of presentation (20 and 21 February 2023).
- It is mandatory to write the Registration Number provided to you, on the Business Model Canvas before submission.
- Students should have developed a complete Business Model Canvas with MVP (working/non-working model or prototype). Mere presentation of ideas is not allowed for Category 2.
- Each team will be given 10-12 minutes of time to present its Business Model Canvas followed by a 10-minute question and answer session by the panel of judges.
- The judges will be a team of industry professionals who understand the value of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Presentation will judged on value proposition, worth of business idea, financials, marketing strategy and presentation skills of the team members.
- Only original ideas will be considered. Plagiarized content or ideas copied from any source will be disqualified.
- Three best teams from each category will be selected as winners of the event.
Deliverable to be submitted
Submission of Business Model Canvas (Click to download the format)
Date of Submission of Deliverable
15 February 2023
Mode of Submission
Email filled in Business Model Canvas to email@example.com
Date and Venue of Presentation
Date: 20 and 21 February 2023
Venue: Skyline University College, Sharjah, UAE
- Category 1: First, Second & Third Best Place – $200, $150, $100
- Category 2: First, Second & Third Best Place – $200, $150, $100
- Certificate of Appreciation
You can use the below mentioned resources for developing the Business Model Canvas
For more information
Contact person: Dr Kakul Agha
Contact number: 00971 526792939